Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baby Bump - Month 6



How far along?  25 weeks

Gender:  It's a girl - Bella Sherry Harvell!

Feeling:   Since I am nearing the end of the "honeymoon" period of pregnancy, I am starting to get a taste of some of my least favorite symptoms - swollen feet and hands, heartburn, shortness of breath, etc.  Luckily, they seem to come and go right now (obviously the humidity plays a part too!) so although uncomfortable, it's still bearable.  I've never been a huge fan of being pregnant, but as soon as I think about our growing baby girl in there it quickly makes it all okay...and totally worth it.  I cannot wait to meet our sweet baby girl in less than 15 weeks!

Maternity Clothes: I'm learning that one nice thing about a warm weather pregnancy is that a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes are still wearable.  I am loving my maxi-skirts and maxi-dresses right now!  My wonderful husband even took me on a shopping spree for my birthday, so now I have a lot of cute summer maternity clothes too!  This brings me to one of my least favorite things about a warm weather pregnancy - maternity swimsuits.  Yes, I finally invested in not 1, but 2 and am ready to suck it up and enjoy the beach and pool very, very soon.

Sleep: Still sleeping like a champ :)  No complaints here and hopefully it will keep up as long as possible!

Favorite Moments:

-Deciding on our baby girl's name - Bella Sherry Harvell!  Eric and I had a much more difficult time this time around choosing her name, but we both fell in love with Bella.  I love the idea of using family names as middle names and Sherry was the perfect fit!  We love how her name will have a piece of her mom-mom who loves her to pieces already and will be looking down on her from the moment she's born.

-Taking our mini-vacation to the Outer Banks was definitely a highlight this month and much needed!

-Last, but not least, I got a mom car!  Eric and I bought a Honda Pilot and I absolutely love it!

Missing anything?  Being able to get up and down and keep up with Addie much easier, she is getting faster these days and I am getting slower....

Movement:  Constantly - it's one of the highlights of my day!

Cravings:  I am still loving anything italian, french toast and waffles, fruit (strawberry shortcake counts right?), and iced coffee

Looking forward to:

-Scheduling my c-section in the next couple of weeks :)  My paper work will get sent to labor and delivery after my next appointment and the nurse will call me with Bella's birthday (unless she wants to make an early arrival of course!)

-SUMMER!  It's so close, yet seems so far away still!

-Aunt Krissy coming to visit and watch Addie in June, which means no more daycare bills!  All very exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment