Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Addie is ONE

Oh Toddles!  Addie is ONE and we had a wonderful time celebrating at not just one, but two Minnie Mouse themed birthday parties.  We had the first party at our house with our friends and family in Virginia and another party the following weekend in Pittsburgh at Grandma and Pap's house.  It was the perfect theme for our perfect little girl who is a huge fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.


The Details
I'm not going to lie, I spent hours browsing Pinterest for the perfect Minnie Mouse details for her birthday parties.  From burlap banners, to creative Mickey Mouse themed food, to smash cakes, it was absolutely perfect.  I'm not sure what Mom's did pre-Pinterest days?!?  Every party I plan, recipe I make, room I decorate, and homemade crafts I create are Pinterest inspired these days and I wouldn't have it any other way.  So here is a look at some of my favorite details from her party...



How adorable is her Minnie Mouse cake?!?  It was equally delicious too!

Addie's matching smash cake.

I ordered Addie her cute birthday shirt from Etsy, as well as her invites.  I was sent the pdf file and then printed and mailed them myself, super easy and super affordable.
Another Etsy inspired decoration, but instead of paying for a chalkboard poster print out I re-created it myself on Addie's chalkboard in her playroom.  I loved sharing all about Addie with our guests, although I'm sure the kiddos would have preferred a blank canvas.  No worries though, they had the chalkboard kid's table to draw on instead.

I absolutely love children's books, especially when they can double as keepsakes.  I cannot wait to share this with Addie when she gets older and I think she is going to love reading all of the birthday wishes and special notes from all of our closest family and friends.

This balloon was by far Addie's favorite decoration from her party.  Minnie lasted over a week in our house and always brought a smile to her face.  She even loved to wave at it!

Of course you can't have a 1st birthday party without the monthly photo display.  I actually found this oversized cork board at Goodwill for $2.15 and then used some scrapbook paper and ribbon to decorate it.  The Minnie posters were graciously provided by a friend and were the perfect accent to our photo display.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with pictures!  What better display for Addie's birthday party than pictures throughout her 1st year.  This project was a lot of fun because I got to look through our hundreds (or probably thousands) of pictures we took throughout the year and reminisce about how it was one of the best years of my life.  I narrowed it down some and created this Minnie themes "Addie's Firsts" display.  
More of Addie's Firsts, from her first photos, to the holidays, to her first time at the beach, first smile, and first laugh - it was so much fun to display her "Year at a Glance" with our party guests.
Friends & Family
Addie is a very lucky girl because she has so many people around her that love her and care about her and they all came out to help us celebrate this huge milestone.  She's the only birthday girl I know that has people who travel from 6 different cities! Your Grandma and Pap flew in from Pittsburgh, Uncle Brian and Carla took time out from their busy lawyer lives in DC, Uncle Keith, Aunt Kristie, Samantha, Rylan, and Maddox drove both ways from Raleigh in one day, your Aunt Kristen left her crazy college lifestyle behind in Oxford and spent the weekend with you, Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Hall made the trip from Akron, and your Uncle Rick, Emma, Eva, and Raymond came from New York City - combine all of our out of town guests with local neighbors, friends, and family - it was a pretty awesome group of people that made a pretty awesome day even that much better.  

Mommy and Daddy love you Addie girl!

Kisses for the birthday girl!

Having fun with your cousin, Samantha.

Smiles for Aunt Kristie.

You had a blast with all of the other kids and babies at the party, the look on your face says it all!  Madelyn was showing  you how to use your alphabet train.

My favorite girl :)

Shooting hoops and drawing with chalk with your friends.

Corbin even got dressed up and joined us for the party.

Coop and Corbin were in heaven!

And absolutely covered in mud in a matter of minutes!

The cutest one-year-old around!

The other neighborhood Addyson with her mommy, some of our pool buddies.

Nicole and Brandon signing the birthday book.

The John B. Dey ladies joined us for your party too and I was very jealous of their Mickey themed shirts!

How gorgeous are Hudson's pretty blue eyes?  Another neighborhood and pool buddy.

Boys will be boys - all with their electronics!  Hudson even joined in on the fun!

This picture cracks me up because all of the men are standing over their children keeping an eye on them.

How sweet is this picture?  Sibling love at it's finest.

Opening Presents
Addie was one very spoiled girl at her birthday party, from new toys to books to clothes, she got it all and we are very thankful.  Addie is obsessed with all of her Minnie Mouse additions to her playroom and to her wardrobe!

One happy girl on her new princess toy from Mom-mom.

Checking out her new book with Daddy, it looks like a keeper!

How cute is this Minnie Mouse shirt?!?

Uncle Brian and Carla got you the coolest caterpillar stuffed animal and you love to lay on it while you watch Mickey Mouse.
All of her Minnie stuffed animals got hugs, very sweet.
More books with Daddy.

Cake Smashing
Everyone knows that a first birthday party is not complete until the cake smashing and it was definitely one of the highlights of the party!  We sang Happy birthday to you and then let you go at it!  You were a little unsure at first, but went to town on the icing once you realized how good it was.  It looks like you might have a little bit of a sweet tooth just like your mommy.


"Hmm what is this?"

"I don't know what it is, but it sure is yummy!"


"Why is everyone staring at me right now?  I don't sit and watch you eat!"

"I guess it's okay, I'll put on a show for you.  I do love the attention!"

"Look how big I am, I am soooo big!"

One happy birthday girl (cake and all!) at the end of a pretty amazing day.  

Round 2:  The Pittsburgh Party

Yet another adorable smash cake



Addie's personalized birthday book from her buddy Max

Opening up "the gift"

Yayyy, Addie is very excited to share some special news...

She is going to be a big sister!  It was so much fun to reveal our news to our Pittsburgh family and friends at her birthday party

How cute is that Minnie Mouse outfit?

Trying on her new shades

Cute birthday girl

Happy birthday to you


Yummmm

Enjoying some icing

I guess she's had enough and she's going to let everyone know it!

Posing in her new shirt with Aunt Kristen

Happy birthday sweet Addie girl!  Mommy and Daddy love you very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment