Sunday, February 16, 2014

Daddy's Little Valentine



Dear Addie,

Today marks your first Valentine’s Day! I wanted to give you a rundown of what we did! Grandma was up visiting due to your birth which was just a few days ago! She really took care of your mom and I as we embarked on becoming parents! We grilled out and had an amazing dinner; you of course had milk (your favorite)! After dinner we dressed you up in an outfit that your mom and I picked out for you weeks before you were born. Of course it says Daddy’s Little Valentine. You were happy as could be, until all the women decided to put these headbands on you. You were not too happy but I have to admit you do look cute in them, but let’s be honest, you make anything look good. You take after your mom and dad, remember! So after we took around 30 pictures of you, you were all set with picture taking! Then it was time to eat a late night snack and then lay on Dad’s chest (that’s my favorite)!

Addison, I wanted to write you your first Valentine’s letter and let you know a few things. I want you to know that you will always be my Valentine! You have no idea how full you make my heart feel! You are perfect in every way. I will always make sure you have flowers, chocolate, and a lot of love on Valentine’s Day and I will make sure you are loved every day of the year. Your Dad has experienced a lot in his life that has been extremely exciting for him from Friday night lights, hitting game winning hits in his baseball days, walking across the stage and receiving his college degree, proposing to your mom on an Ocean front balcony, seeing your mom walk down the aisle on our wedding day, but I have to admit, seeing you for the first time is on the top of my list! It’s okay, your mom will not be mad, she will agree because you are a part of both of us! Addison, you exceed everything I have ever dreamed of! I have always wanted to be a dad and I have often thought of what it would be like to have kids but everything I dreamed of you multiplied it by 111%! I am so excited to watch you grow each and every day of my life. When I wake up in the morning my heart is full because of you, your mom, and Coop and I am so excited for our future.

Since it is Valentine’s day I thought I would share with you a few guidelines for future boyfriends (after your 30 years old of course). 

1    No guy will ever be good enough for you, remember you’re perfect in my eyes. 

2    This guy better do the following, if he does not your dad and uncles will take him on a 200 mile off shore fishing trip he may or may not make it back from...just kidding… kind of…. He better open the door for you, be your friend for a while before he ask you to be his GF, he better SPOIL you like I spoil your mother, he must like the Steelers, he must be a sports fan and not weird sports let’s stick to the Harvell house hold sports; football, baseball, college basketball and I guess Hockey, he better be a dog lover not a cat lover, he better be well educated, he doesn’t need to be a military man, nothing against those guys I just do not want you to have to go through the pain of seeing him leave for months, he better ALWAYS pay for dates, NO MOTORCYCLES, he needs to want to get to know your family, and lastly your Dad and Mom need to be okay with him. This is just boyfriend rules; we will talk about anything more than that WAY later! 

Addie, I am sure you will have many guys who want to be your Valentine throughout your life but always remember who your first Valentine was! You will always be my Valentine no matter what! I want you to always dream big and never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something, your mom and I will always believe in you and if you ever need advice, a shoulder to cry on, or just need to be loved always know that your Mom and I will love you forever! You are the most incredible thing that has ever happened to both of us and we thank God every day for giving us our little miracle! You will always be a Daddy’s girl in my eyes and always know that I will always be here to love you and protect you! I love you Addison Elizabeth Harvell!  You have made my every dream come true! 

                                                                                            Love,
                                                                                            Daddy








No comments:

Post a Comment