Sunday, April 12, 2015

Baby Bump - Month 5




How far along?  20 weeks

Gender:  GIRL

We can't wait to meet our little princess in August! 
It's a GIRL!

Our sweet baby girl waving hi to us :)


Feeling:   My growing bump and very active 14 month old have been tough on my back.  I had a little soreness toward the end of my pregnancy with Addie, but nothing like this!  Apparently crawling around on the floor with Addie and carrying her around 24/7 aren't good activities for my back, but also are far from avoidable.  Some days I feel like an 80 year old woman when I get out of bed! My only other complaint right now is I've started getting some heartburn here and there, if we are lucky that only means our baby girl will be blessed with a full head of hair when she's born just like her big sis :)

Maternity Clothes: Yes and as the weather continues to get warmer my long sleeve shirts and sweaters just aren't cutting it anymore.  It looks like I will be going on a shopping spree very soon for some warm weather clothes!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping really well, but with all of my back pain I have gotten out my pregnancy pillow which seems to help a little.  Plus, our sweet Addie girl has started sleeping in more on the weekends - I'm talking between 9-10am sleeping in, so that makes for one happy mommy.  Even if I can't sleep in that late anymore it's nice to wake up and relax a little before Addie gets up.  I know sleep with a newborn is pretty non-existent at least in the very beginning, so I am really treasuring my sleep these days.

Favorite Moments:

-Finding out that Baby #2 is a GIRL!  Girls are the best and we are thrilled for Addie to have a little sister so close in age!  They will be best friends at times and worst enemies at times, but we can't wait to watch them interact with one another!

-Now that we know she's a GIRL, we've started shopping (I had to splurge a little!) and preparing for her arrival which makes me very, very excited!  It always seems more real to me when we can stop referring to the baby as "IT" and start calling her by her name.  I cannot believe that we are already half way there and I cannot wait to hold our sweet girl in my arms in August.

-I felt you for the first time this month and a week or so later your dad felt you for the first time.  Feeling baby kicks is one of my favorite things about being pregnant!


No comments:

Post a Comment