Friday, January 31, 2014

Showered with Love

We have been very blessed to have such an amazing family and so many wonderful friends who have helped us celebrate Addison's upcoming arrival.  She is a very lucky girl who is already loved by so many people.  Addison has been "Showered with Love" in Pittsburgh by the Castello's, in Raleigh by the Harvell's, and in Virginia Beach by her John B. Dey family.

Our first shower was with my amazing 5th grade team on December 6, 2013.  It was very special because they added so many personal touches, from the decorations, to the food, to the gifts, it was awesome!  One of my favorite gifts that Addison received was a book of fairy tales filled with special notes from the 5th grade team.  I can't wait to read it to her as I am rocking her to sleep!



Next, it was time to shower Addison with love in Pittsburgh on December 28th at Atria's Restaurant.


The theme was coral/aqua and rubber ducks!  How cute is that cake?!?  And it was SO yummy!


Kristen made this super cute headband wreath!  I can't wait for Addison to try them all out, she is going to be adorable! My mom (with some help) made a diaper cake full of all kinds of goodies.




Eric especially loved this adorable pink onsie, "Sorry boys, I can't date until I'm 30!" 


We all know that I LOVE personalized gifts and this is one of my favorites!  My cousin Anne made Addison her very own toy chest and it is going to look perfect in her coral and aqua nursery!


My mom gave Addison a very special gift.  She made this poem "God's Masterpiece" for Jeff when he was born and updated it so she could pass it down to her first grand-daughter.  It is already hanging in Addison's nursery and it looks perfect!


Baby bumpin' with Julie!  Addison and Maxwell are going to be best friends!






 "Diapers and Dads" was the theme for our shower in Raleigh on January 11, 2014 at Rob and Terri's house.  Kristen even surprised me and flew in for the weekend from Pittsburgh!



It was great to see Derrick, Jaime Jo, and Naomi Jo and Brantley, Jenni, and Sawyer at the shower!  Derrick and Brantley are 2 of Eric's best friends from high school and it's crazy that all 3 of them will have their first baby girls within 1 year of each other!  We can't wait to introduce Addison to the crew!


We had a blast showering Addison with love in Raleigh and because of all of our wonderful friends and family, Daddy has plenty of diapers for Addie!



No comments:

Post a Comment