Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Baby Bump - Months 1-3


Baby #2's 1st official photo taken at 8 weeks

12 week photo of our healthy, growing baby!
1 month Baby Bump 

2 months and counting

Growing bump at 3 months

How far along?  14 weeks

Gender:  Unknown.  This is the first question I get asked when people find out that we are expecting again and to be honest there are perks to both.  Addie and Baby #2 will only be 18 months apart, so it would be awesome to have a girl.  They would be best friends at times and worst enemies at times, but since my sister and I are 7 years apart I feel like it would be really neat for Addie to have a sister so close in age.  On the other hand, a boy would be awesome too.  Eric cannot wait to have his little mini-Eric.  It would be fun to experience having a boy because it would be new and different to us.  Either way, Baby #2 will be loved and spoiled to death!  We cannot wait to find out in a few more weeks!

Feeling:  It's true what they say, every pregnancy is different.  When I compare being pregnant with Addie and pregnant this time, it's like night and day.  With Addie I had a ton of morning (or all day) sickness all of the time, there was very little I could eat and hold down.  This time around during the first trimester, I felt nauseous at times, but never actually got sick.  I can also eat just about everything and I am starving all of the time!  

The most difficult part this time around is the exhaustion.  I was more tired than I have ever been in my life during the first trimester.  Between working and coming home and chasing around a 1 year old I was beat.  I literally struggled to keep my eyes open!  The only other complaint I have is the headaches.  I had these with Addie too and even get migraines when I'm not pregnant, so they aren't anything new to me.  The best remedy is a Pepsi!  I've never been a huge pop drinker, but nowadays I drink a few cans a week.

Now that I am officially done with the first trimester, I am starting to feel more like myself.  My energy is coming back and even the headaches have subsided, at least for now.  Thank you and I'm so happy to see you 2nd trimester!

Maternity Clothes: I officially got out all of my maternity clothes at 14 weeks and my pants no longer fit.  I still wear a lot of my loose fitting regular tops.  My maternity tops are still pretty loose.  My growing belly is growing much faster this time around.  I would wear leggings every single day if I could because they are so comfortable!  

Sleep: Since I have been so exhausted lately (and Addie is an amazing sleeper!), I have been sleeping great these days!  I'm hopeful this continues, but I have my pregnancy pillow ready to go when needed.

Favorite Moments:

-December 20th, 2014 Finding out that we were expecting Baby #2!  I had suspected that I might be pregnant because I was very tired and very, very hungry all of the time (exactly how I was before finding out with Addie.)  I decided to sneak upstairs and take a test one day when Eric was watching Addie.  I had thought for days about all these different ways I could surprise Eric with the news.  I'm not going to tell you the different ways, but instead keep them in my back pocket for the future.  As soon as I saw the positive on the test, my heart started racing and I got so excited!  I decided there was no way I could go back downstairs and pretend like nothing happened.  I couldn't hold it in and ran downstairs waving the test and saying we're pregnant!  Eric was very excited, but I think he was hoping for a more creative reveal.  Now I know for the future, to put my game face on and get the creative juices flowing before I share the news with Eric.  Regardless, Eric and I absolutely love being parents and cannot wait to welcome another baby into this world.  

-Telling Addie that she is going to be a big sister on Christmas morning.  Even though she is too young to remember or understand, it's something I will never forget.




-Celebrating New Years and our baby news in St. Lucia on our first baby free vacation since Addie was born.

-Surprising our family with the news after we got back from our trip.  We bought Addie and the baby matching shirts from St. Lucia that said "No pressure, No problem."  We wrapped up the baby onesie and gave it to Kristen to open up as a thank you for helping out with Addie while we were gone.  My parents, Kristen, and cousin Bryan were all very surprised and very excited about the news!  We went on FaceTime with Uncle Brian and Carla shortly after to share the news and also called Kristie and Teresa.  

-Seeing our baby for the first time at our first appointment at 8 weeks.

-Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby again at our 12 week ultrasound.

-Sharing the news with the rest of our friends and family at 14 weeks with our adorable little announcement pics of our sweet Addie girl.



Miss anything: Coffee!  It's not that I can't have it, but this is the ONLY thing that I despise these days!  It's been months since I had a cup of coffee and I just want to want it again, especially with these freezing winter temperatures we've been having lately.

Movement: No movement yet.  I didn't feel Addie until I was 18 weeks, but I'm hoping this time around it's a little sooner since I know what it feels like.  It's one of the best feelings in the whole world and I can't wait to experience it again...hopefully very, very soon.

Cravings: Waffles, soup and salad, BLTs, fruit cups, anything and everything Italian

Looking forward to:

-Finding out the gender!  I feel like it becomes so much more real when you can think about your son or daughter and not just the baby.  Plus, finding out the gender is the kick start of all of the fun baby prep and shopping!

-Feeling some movement, like I said before it's the most amazing feeling in the whole wide world and I can't wait.





No comments:

Post a Comment