Saturday, January 23, 2016

Toddler Tales

I recently read a post on a blog that I follow called "Toddler Tales."  She dedicated a post to share some of the crazy, off the wall things that her toddlers say and do and I absolutely loved the idea.  Addie is hilarious these days and although she is still developing her vocabulary, she really does say and do the funniest things and as we are approaching her 2nd birthday I am constantly reminded why I love this age.  Addie makes me laugh, she makes me smile, she makes me proud, and at times she may even make me a little crazy - but she continues to amaze me on a daily basis and being her and Bella's momma is by far the most rewarding job in the entire world.  With that being said, here is my version of Toddler Tales, Addie Edition, volume 1:



Anyone who knows Addie knows that she has become quite the picky eater.  Usually if it doesn't come in a pouch, she isn't a fan.  Enter Ketchup - who would have known that ketchup could be a universal condiment.  She eats it with the obvious things chicken, grilled cheese, eggs, but then she sneaks it in with some interesting things as well, bananas and gold fish, and sometimes just uses her finger to eat it solo.  Not to mention the times she's asked for it and we've turned her down - I think that girl would eat ketchup with just about anything!

Addie plays with her nursery from Grandma and Pap constantly.  Since we had Bella, that girl always has a baby doll in her hand and it seems like recently they have multiplied.  She loves to put her babies and stuffed animals "night night" and sometimes I turn around and poor Bella is surrounded by 3 baby dolls, her froggy, and her puppy - all tucked in, given kisses, and ready to go "night night."  Luckily, Bella is a trooper and plays right along with a huge smile on her face!

Her british accent - I'm not really sure where it came from, but when Addie says certain words I swear she sounds like she's from England.  The word "sock" is my favorite, but "Pap" has become a close second.  I guess if we ever venture overseas she will fit right in.

In the last couple of weeks, Addie has become the most polite toddler I've ever met.  Every time I give her something she follows with the sweetest little "Thank you Mommy" and any time I thank her for doing something she says "Welcome Mommy."  I'm not going to lie though, her politeness makes me pretty proud :)

Sometimes I think Addie has turned into a frog because she is constantly jumping around the house saying "wicky wicky" which translates to ribbit ribbit.  It's hilarious.

The most famous celebrity in our house right now is Frosty the snowman.  Addie is obsessed!  She got her Frosty movie on Christmas eve and I think we've watched it at least 1000 times since then.   That girl has the movie memorized!  She knows when to march around the room when the kids do on the movie, she says "hot" before the fire even appears on the screen, and she's get's very upset when the girl on the movie is about to cry.  Luckily, Frosty goes "night night" in our house for most of the day because for real, mommy can only handle the "jolly happy soul" one time per day!

Her dance moves - not sure where she got them, but they are awesome!  She wiggles, spins around, and loves to move.  We often have dance parties after dinner and she is always the star!

Addie is one smart cookie.  If we ask her to do something she doesn't want to do, like change her diaper, she runs away and lays down to pretend she is sleeping.  Smart girl!

I can't right a post all about Addie and not include her best friend Hudson.  She asks about her buddy Huds as she calls him, about 100 times a day.  Everything we do and everywhere we go she asks about Huds.  She is crazy about him, luckily his parents are pretty cool too!

That's all for this edition of Toddler Tales.  Our toddler is pretty awesome, what can I say :)





1 comment: