Saturday, April 5, 2014

Can you stay little forever?

Addie at 2 days old and almost 2 months old

Every parent at some point looks at their child and thinks to themselves "Where has the time gone?"  I feel like it was just yesterday that your dad and I laid eyes on you for the very first time.  You are already almost 2 months old and I feel like time is just flying by.  Yes, your dad and I are both excited for what the future holds.  Your dad can't wait to take you to Disney World to look at all the princesses, I can't wait to see your personality shine through and see you walk, hear you talk, and soak up everything about you as you grow into a little lady.  But, at the same time, I wish I could freeze time and just keep you little forever.   

 

 This reminds me of a book called  Love You Forever by Robert Munch that's about a mom who sings a lullaby to her son when he is a baby, and then continues singing the same lullaby to him as she watches him grow into a young man.  This book is about the unconditional love that a parent has for their child.  No matter how much you grow Addison Elizabeth, you will always be our baby girl.

 

  

But for now Addie, can you please just slow down?

No comments:

Post a Comment