Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Favorite Things - Months 9 & 10


I know I'm behind on this, but now that you are on the move you keep me very busy.  I am not complaining one bit though, I wouldn't change it for the world.  

Here are a few of my favorite things from months 9 and 10....

  • Your smile!  I can't get enough of those smiles - you are the happiest baby that I have ever met and your smile lights up the room.  You wake up smiling, smile all day long, greet me with a smile when I pick you up from daycare, smile at Cooper when we get home, smile at your dad when he walks through the door, and smile  before I put you down to bed.  You literally smile all day long!  Keep smiling Addie girl :)
I LOVE getting pictures of that smile while I am at work!  It makes my day!

  • We had a blast celebrating your first Halloween this year.  We went as the Wizard of Oz (your dad's idea) and you were the most adorable Dorothy that I've ever seen.  
"Mommy, are you going to put some puffs in my basket now, I mean it is Halloween!"

  • I love how you could spend hours looking at yourself in the mirror, I mean your pretty cute so I don't blame you.  I could stare at you all day long!  You've finally figured out that little girl in the mirror is you and you smile and make faces at yourself in the mirror.  I've even gotten videos of you dancing in the mirror at daycare.  It's adorable!
Dance party in front of the mirror! Go Addie, go Addie, go Addie!  Dance your little heart out Addie girl!
  • Playtime has gone to a whole new level these days now that your mobile.  It is so much fun to watch you explore the world around you and I wish I knew what was going through your mind.  You play nonstop these days and I look forward to picking up your toys at the end of the night (I'm sure this will change) because that means that you are playing, learning, and growing and I wouldn't change it for the world!  
"Hello Aunt Kristen, will you promise to buy me my first car when I'm 16?  Pretty please!!!"

"Daddy this is cool and all, but when I'm on this side I can't play with all those cool things on the other side!"

"I'm checking my emails just like daddy!  Thanks for the laptop Uncle Keith, Aunt Kristie, Samantha, Rylan, and Maddox!"

"I'm just catching up on some of my favorite holiday books!"
  • I love that you are a daddy's girl.  No one can get you to smile like your daddy and you always save the best high-fives for him.  I can't wait you relationship with your dad continue to grow, I mean you've had him wrapped around your finger from the moment he laid eyes on you!
Daddy always gets the best nose scrunch smiles!  You've been a daddy's girl from day 1!  If you can't talk Aunt Kristen into buying you your first car, I'm sure daddy will!
  • These past 2 months you've become obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!  The second we turn it on, you drop what you are doing, turn around, and dance to the theme song.  It's so cute!
It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, come inside, it's fun inside!
  • I love to watch you and Coop!  Coop has enjoyed some new perks recently, I think he is the best fed dog in Virginia!  You even give up your cookies to him if he's around.  We've started having to put him up when you eat because if we don't you just feed him your entire meal.  We don't mind him eating the scraps but your little belly needs some food too!  Mealtime is not the only time you are obsessed with Coop.  The two of you also play.  He plays with your toys and you try to eat his.  He really is like a big brother to you and I love watching the two of you interact!
"Uh oh Coop, Mom's watching.  She's not going to be happy if I give you all of my food.  Distract her quick and I'll hook you up!"

Silly kids!
  • It has been so much fun to watch you test out so many new foods this month.  At your 9 month appointment we got the go ahead to give you almost anything (obviously there are still a few restrictions, but you know what I mean!)  I love to watch your reactions as you try something new!
"Hmm these chocolate chips pancakes are pretty good!  Thanks Pap!"
  • Dinnertime is such a fun time in the Harvell household (and a noisy time!)  As soon as we sit down to eat you start babbling, making noises, and sometimes screaming.  Your dad and I joke that you are just telling us about your day.  Sometimes you are so loud that we can't even get a word in!  It's okay though, we love hearing what you have to "say"!

"Can you believe that happened at school today, it was hilarious Dad!"
  • Bath time is always an experience.  You love every minute of it!  You splash, play with your toys, roll around, pull yourself up, and of course refuse to sit still.  You are a beach bum at heart and meant to be in the water, so we hope your love for the bath, pool, and ocean continues to grow in years to come!
Our little fish loving bath time!

No comments:

Post a Comment