Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Sprinkle for Baby Noah


This past weekend, my friends and family threw me the most amazing baby sprinkle complete with a delicious waffle bar, all things baseball, and most importantly a fun and relaxing afternoon celebrating our little man's upcoming arrival.  Yes, this is my 3rd pregnancy but yes it is still very exciting.  I've learned that no matter how many kids you have the anticipation and excitement of welcoming a baby into your family never gets old.  I actually feel the opposite, that it gets better and better every time.  I am well aware of the rush of emotions you get when you see and hold your baby for the first time, the sweetness of the newborn smell, and the pride and joy you see when you introduce your other children to their new brother or sister.  So even though this is my third child, this sprinkle was still very, very special to me.

I am very lucky that I have several friends, family, and neighbors that also share my excitement for Noah's arrival.  The sprinkle was much smaller than my first baby shower we had for Addie, but it was absolutely perfect and the simplicity of it allowed me to just enjoy time with my friends and family, which is just what the doctor ordered at 36 weeks pregnant.  The theme was vintage baseball (just like Noah's nursery) and they even incorporated several sentimental items into the decor, including 3 very special baseball mitts - one from Eric and one from each of Noah's grandfathers.  There were lots of personal touches, which is totally my jam!  I love the Noah Ryan wooden blocks and the baseballs with Noah's (expected) birthday on them so much that both have found their way into the nursery as decor.   The waffle bar was a pregnant woman's dream come true and my wonderful friend and neighbor saved the day by whipping up some last minute, but absolutely delicious baseball cookies.  We laughed, shared stories about our kids, talked about Noah, played a fun emoji-children's book game, opened gifts, and spent a wonderful afternoon together.  I was spoiled all afternoon and I am so thankful that I truly have the best friends and family, who are all anxiously waiting to meet our little man!















No comments:

Post a Comment